Sunday, February 21, 2010

Last two weeks highlights

February 6th: Stonehenge and Salisbury

IES sponsored a day trip to Stonehenge and Salisbury. We got lucky and had a gorgeous sunny day.

DSC_0274DSC_0271

Whitney, Becca, Kristina, Hannah and I at Stonehenge

February 12 – 14: Dublin

I spent a fantastic weekend in Dubiln. There were about 30 IES students who traveled to Dublin, so the weekend was full of excitement. The Irish were incredibly friendly people. The first day we visited the Guinness factory and I tried my first pint of Guinness.

DSC_0327We did a fascinating guided tour at Dublin Castle and got to see the state rooms. In the afternoon, we watched the Ireland vs France rugby game in a pub jam packed full of locals! The energy of the crowd during the game was definitely an experience to remember.

DSC_0358

Christ Church Cathedral

February 18th: Architecture Class

I’m taking a course called Architecture in London. Every week for 2.5 hours we walk around the city and learn about the rich history of London’s buildings. We had an especially gorgeous day last week, so I brought my camera along.

DSC_0433

St. Stephen Walbrook, by Sir Christopher Wren

DSC_0442

The Lloyds tower, all the stairs, toilets, elevators and pipes are on the outside of the building.

February 20th: Oxford and Charlbury

Becca and I took a trip to visit cousin Susie yesterday. We spent the morning exploring Oxford and then bussed to Charlbury and spent the evening with Susie. Charlbury was very peaceful. We had tea and scones with Susie, followed by a lovely dinner at a local pub.

DSC_0459DSC_0465

Christ Church in Oxford, where scenes of Harry Potter were filmed. 
DSC_0472
Becca and I at Christ Church

DSC_0509

Road in Charlbury

No comments:

Post a Comment