Friday, April 23, 2010

Last thoughts in London

My program wraps up today. I just got home from our farewell event. We had an incredible high tea and I got to share it with the people who mean the most to me here. This adventure has flown by – its already been four months and it feels like only weeks. I had incredible experiences, made life long friends and learned a ton about myself and a new culture.

Here is a quick recap of my last month in London.

I spent Easter in Prague with Liz and Allyson. We had an incredible trip: saw Kacy, ate delicious food and explored the beautiful city. We went on two tours of the city and I learned so much about the history of Prague.

DSC_0057 - Copy DSC_0193

One Friday, my British Youth Culture took a day trip to Brighton. The weather was gorgeous and made it the perfect day for a seaside visit. We went on a walking tour, ate fish and chips, fresh crab sandwiches, ice cream, walked along the Brighton Pier, sifted through vintage clothing stores and visited the architecturally beautiful Palace.

DSC_0241

DSC_0246DSC_0258

I spent my last three weekends in London. The weather was sunny and warm. I spent a good amount of time in parks reading or hanging out with friends. I wrapped up the last of my touristy activities. I saw Wicked with Liz and Allyson and Enron with Brian, Eric, and Nick. Wicked’s music was great and Enron was a hilarious satire. I tried to spend as much time with my friends as possible, since we go home to places all over the US. I ate food from all over the world including Indian curry, homemade Italian pasta, Mediterranean kebabs, and good old American style burgers.

Tomorrow I head off on an exciting two week adventure through Switzerland, Morocco, and Turkey!

London is an international city with endless things to explore and culture to experience. I loved my time here and can’t wait to come back someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment