Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A trip to the countryside

Amidst the bustling city life, I have had a few chances to travel to a couple peaceful places. Three weeks ago I travelled to Wales with a few friends on my program. We took part in an adventure weekend where we got the chance to sea kayak, hike along the coastline, and coasteer. Coasteering is where you climb low level rocks, jump off them and swim in the ocean! It was an amazing trip full of adrenaline rushes, full body wetsuits and incredible photos. Here are a few that (almost) capture the beauty and excitement I witnessed and experienced that weekend.

DSC_0670 jump DSC_0710 bigcliff

Last weekend, Whitney and I visited cousins Lynn and Michael in the Lake District. We feasted on roast, Yorkshire pudding and sticky toffee pudding. We explored the Lake District and got a first-rate tour of the less-touristy parts of the area. We visited the home of Beatrix Potter and completed the day by watching the movie about her life.

DSC_0743DSC_0746DSC_0766DSC_0771

These two trips reminded me how much I love the outdoors and nature. You don’t realize that you’re missing it until you get out of the big city for a few days. This weekend I head to Prague with Liz and Allyson for a long weekend trip.

And before I forget, here are the answers to the mystery words I posted a few weeks ago:

  • alcopop: wine cooler
  • dosh: money
  • off-license: liquor store
  • plaster: band-aid
  • smart: well dressed
  • torch: flashlight

No comments:

Post a Comment